For many people, green Kratom is the only Kratom they buy. Named for the green vein color of the leaves before processing, green Kratom is an increasingly popular choice for those who don’t want an aroma that’s too over stimulating or too relaxing. While there are plenty of green vein Kratom strains out there, we think we offer the 5 best green Kratom strains for Kratom enthusiasts looking for quality, potency, and consistent results.
Green Kratom: The Mitragyna Speciosa Plant
Grown throughout the lush jungles and forests of Southeast Asia, the Kratom plant is a tree closely related to the coffee plant most of us know and love. Its evergreen Kratom leaves have long been viewed by indigenous people as medicinal, making it an important ethnobotanical to both the rapidly modernizing city hubs and traditional isolated villages that dot the area. With a warm, damp climate generated by the tropical heat and many seas in the area, these plants grow strong, nourished by acidic soil rich in minerals from the volcanic eruptions that helped create the area.
The best green Kratom of the area is tended to by small families of farmers in backyard garden-farms and in the wild rainforests where it grows abundantly. An important cash crop for the region, Kratom helps promote biodiversity by taking the place of timber and palm oil harvesting which encourages deforestation. Coupled with fair trade practices and sustainable Kratom farming techniques, the harvest of green Kratom often proves to be the lifeblood for area communities.
Ethical, Sustainable Agriculture
The best green Kratom is found by knowledgeable farmers whose families have cultivated Kratom for generations, giving them the experience to know which leaves to pick and which to leave for maturation. Unlike some crops, where the whole plant is taken at harvest, only select leaves — those needed and ready for the market — are picked from Kratom branches. This helps ensure not only a reliable supply of green Kratom but plentiful red Kratom later in the maturation process.
While often referred to as “strains,” white, red, and green vein leaves all come from the same plant, but each represents a different time in the life cycle of the foliage. All Kratom leaves start as new growth with white stems and veins. As the branches and leaves grow out, the veins of the leaves slowly take on a green hue. Once it is a rich, vibrant green, it’s ready to be harvested for green Kratom. Any green leaves left on the vine continue to mature, eventually changing to a red color for the ever-popular red Kratom strains.
This shift in coloration occurs as the ratio of the two primary active compounds in Kratom, mitragynine and 7-hydroxymitragynine, change with the maturation of the leaf. As the leaves age, more mitragynine is converted into 7-hydroxymitragynine, shifting the hue of the stem and veins. Once the veins reach a dark red color, the shifting is halted and changes very little from that point forward.
Best Green Kratom Strains
While all green Kratom shares some similar characteristics, the growing region and the different nutrients of the environment can have a dramatic impact on the Kratom powder you purchase. Our best green Kratom strains include:
- Bali – Generally considered a great place to start with Kratom, Bali green vein Kratom perfectly blends the properties of red and white Bali Kratom. Bali Kratom is generally regarded as milder than that of some other countries’ Kratom while retaining a unique potency. It offers the relaxing aroma that green Kratom is known for but with gentler overtones.
- Malay – Malaysian Kratom is gaining a reputation as some of the best green Kratom powder on the market. Regarded by some as one of the first and finest green strains accepted in the West, Green Malay Kratom remains popular. It is known for an aroma that is perfect for relaxation.
- Indo – Indonesian Kratom shifts a bit more toward higher 7-hydroxymitragynine content without being too much like red varieties, so it can be the perfect green Kratom purchase for those who are used to potent red vein powder but want milder aromas.
- Thai – For many people, Thai kratom isn’t a choice, it’s THE choice. Thailand is known to produce some of the best green Kratom on the market which makes sense with the country’s long-established farming and processing industries. Offering one of the most relaxing aromas available, Thai green Kratom is always a great starting point for those new to Kratom purchasing.
- Maeng Da – If you love Thai green Kratom, but want it to be more, Maeng Da Kratom may be the answer. Roughly translating to “pimp grade” in the Thai language, this Kratom strain is grown and cultivated to deliver maximum potency with high levels of Kratom’s active compounds. Maeng Da Green Kratom’s aroma can be overwhelming for some; however, its strength makes it very popular among experienced Kratom buyers and one of the best green Kratom strains.
Get The Best Kratom For You
When choosing your Kratom, it’s important to buy from an experienced, reputable supplier who can provide fresh Kratom, properly harvested and processed for purity and potency. Your Kratom powder’ should be loose and fluffy with a pleasing aroma. Avoid harsh chemical smells, caked powders, or sour-smelling powder that may have been contaminated with mold.
At Kratom Spot, we’re proud to be a vocal advocate for legal Kratom access, and we work hard to make sure our Kratom practices protect native lands and ways of life for the next generation of Kratom farmers. If you have any questions about our Kratom products or processes, contact our customer service team at 888-510-2038. Order your green Kratom online from Kratom Spot today!