Red Kratom is easily the most popular color of Kratom we sell at Kratom Spot. Not all Kratom, however, is created equal. The best red Kratom can be counted on for a potent aroma and reliable results, meanwhile other strains — such as green and white vein Kratom varieties — may not be what you’re looking for. Understanding your Kratom powder, where it comes from, and how it has been grown and processed is essential to ensuring you receive the best Kratom powder possible.
Red Kratom: A Centuries-Old Ethnobotanical
For hundreds of years, the indigenous people of Southeast Asia have used the Mitragyna speciosa tree, commonly referred to simply as Kratom, as an important medicinal plant. While Western medicine has largely taken hold in urban areas, in rural villages, traditional health and wellness regimens are still practiced daily. It is in these communities that green, white, and red Kratom, an evergreen relative of the coffee plant, is tended to by generations of farmers who cultivate the plant in small, backyard garden-farms and harvest its wild form throughout the jungle.
The Indochinese peninsula and surrounding islands where Kratom is grown enjoy a tropical climate. The air is kept moist by evaporation from the surrounding oceans and seas, feeding plentiful rain into lakes, rivers, and tributaries. The soil is packed with rich minerals seeded by the volcanic eruptions that formed these tropical paradises millennia ago. Under lush, green forest canopies, the acidic soil is the perfect pH to grow the best red Kratom strains — encouraging higher concentrations of the active alkaloid compounds mitragynine and 7-hydroxymitragynine that the plant is known for.
Kratom, including red Kratom, has become an important cash crop in the region, not only in its ability to provide a livelihood for families of farmers who, in many cases, have tended Kratom plants for generations, but also in supplying a ready source of money to fight incursions from competing, environmentally-disastrous cash crops, such as palm oil and timber. The jungles of the region are a biodiverse ecosystem, filled with flora and fauna found nowhere else on the planet, and through sustainable, ethical agricultural practices — such as Kratom farming the best red Kratom available — that biodiversity and the communities of people who have lived in harmony with it for centuries can be protected.
Traditional red kratom harvesting is managed by experienced cultivators who understand their plants and the way they work with the environment. The best red Kratom leaves are plucked from the tree by hand and cause less damage than other harvesting methods. Farmers only pick the leaves they need and keep the remaining leaves stay on the tree for further maturation and to help gather moisture and carbon dioxide to help it remain strong and healthy.
The Changing Colors Of The Leaves
For red Kratom, named for the hue of the stem and veins on the leaves, this harvesting process has already taken place at least twice — once for white strain leaves and the other for green — before the best red Kratom leaves are picked.
The differences in Kratom “strains” represent the different points of leaf maturity on one, single plant. For Kratom buyers, this shifting color serves an important purpose, as it hints at the progress of the chemistry occurring inside the leaves.
As red Kratom leaves mature, the concentrations of mitragynine and 7-hydroxymitragynine found within the plant shift. As this happens, the color of the stems and veins on the leaves shifts from a bright white, through green, and finally into a dark red. This staggered maturation and harvest helps keep the plants healthy and ensures a cyclical supply of Kratom if managed sustainably.
Once red Kratom leaves are harvested, they’re dried and prepared for processing. The veins and stems are removed, and the leaf material is ground into a fine powder. High-quality Kratom powder is light and fluffy in appearance, a vibrant green color, and should not have an acrid chemical smell.
The Best Red Kratom
While there are plenty of red Kratom strains out there, all sharing some characteristics, the geographic area they come from has a big impact on the final product. This is because each region shares a similar, yet slightly different, ratio of soil nutrients, humidity, and rainfall that help feed Kratom plants. Here are some of the most popular red vein Kratom powder strains:
- Indo – Indonesian Kratom — sometimes known as “Indo Kratom” — is popular and often considered a “baseline” geographic source for Kratom. While ranked as some of the best red Kratom, Red Vein Indo is similar to many other strains making it great for those just getting into Kratom. Red Indo has a relaxing aroma that’s perfect for when you just want to recover.
- Sumatra – Red Kratom from Sumatra is becoming a popular choice for those who want to focus on their healing and more positive mental state, as its aroma is considered highly conducive to self-care.
- Bali – Bali Kratom, especially Bali Red Vein Kratom, is usually regarded as a mild point of entry for new Kratom buyers looking to try the best red Kratom.
- Thai – Red Thai is perhaps the most popular Kratom strain on the market today. This popular strain is the default Kratom in many derivative products and enjoys a cult-like following on its own. Very similar to Bali, you can expect a pleasant, relaxing aroma.
- Maeng Da – Thai for “Pimp Grade,” this subset of red Kratom from Thailand is cultivated for maximum potency and should only be approached by experienced Kratom buyers. For many, however, Maeng Da Kratom offers the best value for their money and is ranked as some of the best red Kratom on the market today.
Get The Best Red Kratom Products
At Kratom Spot, we bring you fresh Kratom at reasonable prices with purity and potency you can count on. If you need additional information about any of our products, contact our customer service team at 888-510-2038. Order your red Kratom online from Kratom Spot today!