More and more people are choosing to research the benefits of Kratom, and choosing organic kratom can give you better results by reducing or eliminating unnatural chemical ingredients. From organic Kratom capsules to extracts derived from naturally-grown plants, you can get kratom with less risk of contamination or loss of potency. But what does being organic really mean, and how can you be sure the kratom you’re getting is the premium kratom you’re paying for?
What Is Kratom?
A member of the coffee family, kratom is an evergreen tree found throughout the lush jungles and rainforests of Southeast Asia. The rich, acidic soil and warm, wet environment provide the perfect conditions to grow healthy, green leaves rich in alkaloid compounds. Among these are over 40 active compounds, the most well-known of which are mitragynine and 7-hydroxy mitragynine. Traditionally, the indigenous people of these regions have regarded Kratom as a medicinal plant, a view not shared by Western medicine, even though an increasing number of people are doing their own research into organic Kratom as part of their exploration of traditional ethnobotanicals.
What Does Organic Mean?
In the simplest terms, “organic” is supposed to mean a product is better or more natural, right? In the United States, the term can actually mean several different things based on exactly how it’s used.
- 100% Organic—Any food, herb, or substance labeled as 100% organic has undergone rigorous testing at every step of its production process to ensure that only organic ingredients were used. These materials must be certified organic by the USDA, whether grown directly by the manufacturer or bought from another entity.
- USDA Organic—USDA organic certification is granted when 95% or greater of a product’s ingredients or components are organic and non-GMO. Farms, processing facilities, and handlers at every step of the production chain must meet the USDA requirements and obtain certification.
- Organic—Organic foods must be produced without synthetic chemical pesticides, fertilizers, or herbicides. In addition, they cannot be GMO, irradiated, or have artificial food additives. While similar to the USDA Organic distinction for farms, facilities, and handlers, it only requires inspection, not a certification.
- Made With Organic Ingredients—This distinction is allowed when 70% or greater of a product’s ingredients have been certified organic.
You will not find these certifications made on responsibly marketed kratom products, however, because in the United States, the FDA does not allow the sale of kratom for human consumption. Rather it is sold only for educational and research purposes. A manufacturer may use natural growing methods and practices that would be sufficient were kratom eligible; however, organic Kratom cannot be sold as a certified organic product for consumption. In other words, you will not be able to find certified organic kratom because of the FDA’s rigid guidelines.
The vast majority of kratom is also grown and processed outside the United States where it is not subject to USDA rules, regulations, or standards. While many countries do have certifying bodies of their own, imported goods may be judged to a different standard. That’s why it is important to make the distinction between products that may be organic, organically grown, or naturally grown, and Certified Organic products that are subjected to the USDA’s scrutiny.
But Organic Still Means Chemical-Free, right?
Maybe not. Even USDA Certified Organic foods are allowed to use certain chemicals deemed safe and acceptable. In addition, chemicals can enter the groundwater from nearby non-organic farms and fields and make their way into organically grown crops. Organic or naturally grown plants like organic Kratom do, however, show less contamination than their non-organic counterparts, so there is still a benefit to choosing products with reduced chemical exposure.
How Can I Make Sure I Am Getting the Best Kratom Possible?
Whether you’re looking to buy organic Kratom capsules or powders, your best course of action is to choose a distributor you can count on to deliver fresh, pure Kratom products. Here are a few things to look for.
- Know the Provenance of their Kratom—Your supplier should be able to tell you if your Kratom is organically grown because a reputable dealer works directly with the farmers, processors, and handlers at every step of the journey. We start by helping local farmers understand sustainable practices that not only help their yield but the needs of the land that grows high-quality Kratom. This goes beyond avoiding harsh, poisonous chemicals to knowing how to nourish the soil for the next generation of producers. Then we pay them a fair trade price so that they can support and grow their families and communities.
Watch out for disreputable sellers that buy only from anonymous wholesalers. Not only can they not ensure you’re getting uncontaminated Kratom, but they also can’t ensure it’s fresh. Demand a better product for your money.
- Know The Processes Involved—While it is not a food for human consumption, a reputable dealer will know that their organic Kratom was processed with the same high standards that go into food processing. This includes a clean facility and production processes that don’t leave behind chemical residues. For additives, like the capsules used in organic Kratom capsules, it includes making sure they are safe and processed naturally as well. Remember: a supplier that is disinterested in their processes is disinterested in your results.
- Know How to Deliver Consistency—Any supplier can get it right one time, but repeated excellence takes dedication to doing things the right way. From growing, harvesting, processing, packaging, and shipping, look for a supplier that delivers the same great organic Kratom like clockwork.
We’re Ready to Help You
While you may not be able to find certified organic kratom, proper third party testing ensures the safety and quality of a product. When you need the highest quality Kratom products, you can trust the Kratom Spot to deliver. If you have any questions or need additional information about our products, call our customer service team at (888) 510-2038 and talk to one of our experts. Buy organic Kratom from Kratom Spot today.