So you have found the wonderful world of kratom but don’t yet know how to take kratom? No problem! Because Kratom Spot is here to teach you the best way to take kratom products! Today, we’ll cover a variety of ingestion methods:
- How To Take Powdered Kratom
- Ingesting Kratom with Food
- Making Kratom Tea
- Delicious Kratom Shots
- Easy-to-Take Kratom Capsules
- The Toss and Wash Method
- Oblate Discs and Kratom
- Ingestion Methods You Should Avoid!
Our team of experts has experience with kratom doses. In addition, we know which methods offer the highest intake of kratom alkaloids, the natural chemical compounds found in kratom leaves that are responsible for the effects you may experience. Plus, you might discover a new way to ingest kratom that works for you and your wellness routine. Let’s get started!
How to Take Kratom Powder
Kratom powder – also referred to as “powdered kratom” – is one of the most popular kratom products on the market. It derives from the leaves of the mitragyna speciosa tree, native to tropical regions of Southeast Asia. We dry and break apart these kratom leaves to create the kratom powder preparations you know and love.
However, it’s no secret that kratom powder possesses a very bitter taste. Users who don’t already enjoy the taste of other bitters like strong coffee or dark chocolate may not enjoy powdered kratom doses.
It is common to mix kratom powder into your favorite beverages in order to overcome this bitter flavor palette. In our experience, what are the best drinks to mix with kratom?
- Orange Juice
- Tea (which we’ll discuss in more detail in a minute!)
If you don’t mind the bitterness of kratom, you can always add your powdered kratom to a glass of water, and drink it quickly. This allows your body to expeditiously and efficiently ingest the kratom alkaloids found in your kratom products.
When deciding how to take kratom powder, you must also determine if you want to take it fast or slow. If you prefer to casually sip a drink infused with powdered kratom, we’d recommend something like coffee or tea. If you prefer to quickly ingest your kratom powder, we recommend downing a glass of kratom-infused water or orange juice.
Kratom drinks aren’t the only way to ingest powdered kratom preparations. However, these drinks make taking your kratom doses a breeze. They even became so popular that kratom bars started popping up around the world!
The Best Ways to Take Kratom with Food
Now that you know how to take kratom powder with drinks, how about taking kratom with food? For starters, we’ve come across a variety of kratom recipes that help you not only take your kratom through a delicious vehicle but gives you something to do during quarantine!
One of our absolute favorite recipes pairs kratom powder with chocolate. Remember that kratom possesses a bitter taste. According to expert chefs, you can balance bitter flavors with sweets like chocolate.
We previously compiled a list of chocolate-kratom recipes, including both kratom candies and a chocolate-kratom-banana smoothie. If there’s a best way to take kratom, we’re sure that pairing kratom with foods like chocolate ranks high on the list!
How to Make Kratom Tea
Earlier, we mentioned using kratom powder to craft delicious, savory kratom teas. And this kratom preparation actually has its roots in tradition. Historically, laborers throughout Southeast Asia would drink kratom-infused tea to help combat fatigue and improve work productivity.
Furthermore, you can curate your kratom tea to best fit your needs. These traditional tea drinkers probably used white vein kratom, known for energy-boosting properties. At Kratom Spot, we’ve found that red vein kratom can be used to create a relaxing, end-of-day kratom tea, perfect for unwinding after a long day’s work!
Why is kratom tea so popular?
- It helps combat the bitter taste of kratom.
- It helps bring out the natural concentration of kratom alkaloids.
- Users can use any kratom powder preparation to create personalized kratom teas.
- Kratom tea tastes great!
To make your own infused tea, all you’ll need is your favorite kratom powder, boiling water, and sweetener (if desired)! Here’s how to make kratom tea:
- Boil one cup of water, let sit for 30 seconds.
- Add your desired amount of kratom powder to a large mug.
- Pour hot water atop your kratom powder; let sit for 30 seconds without stirring.
- Stir until the kratom powder has sufficiently dissolved in the hot water.
- Let cool (about three minutes).
- Add your favorite tea; let brew for at least five minutes.
Opt for Mouth-Watering Kratom Shots
Okay, so kratom-infused tea is great. But what if you want a drinkable kratom preparation that takes none of the effort? We’re happy to introduce kratom shots, Kratom Spot’s premiere kratom-infused shot! These flavor-packed, two-ounce shots go down in a jiff. Plus, they cater to some of the most refined palettes! Flavors include:
Furthermore, kratom shots are available in both Standard and Ultra Strength varieties. When finding elite ways to receive your daily dose of kratom alkaloids, look no further than these delicious innovations. Kratom shots change the way we see our daily kratom regimens!
The Pros & Cons of Kratom Capsules
Similar to kratom shots, kratom capsules offer an easy-to-dose kratom preparation with none of the bells and whistles. But what are kratom capsules? They are pre-filled kratom doses available in pill form. They make taking your daily dose of kratom as easy as taking vitamins! Plus, they’re perfect for kratom users that don’t need the excitement of kratom shots or kratom-infused food and drinks.
You can also purchase your own capsule-filling machine and create your own kratom capsules right from home! Kratom Spot even offers our very own guide to using a capsule-filling machine, which makes filling your own kratom capsules a breeze.
Some believe that capsules are the best way to take kratom based on simplicity alone. Do kratom capsules really offer the best kratom doses on the market? Let us know what you think!
How to Toss and Wash Your Kratom
The toss and wash method is one of the more obscure kratom dosage methods we’ve come across. However, it gets the job done! Here’s how to toss and wash your kratom:
- Pour a large glass of water (or another beverage).
- Measure your desired dose of powdered kratom.
- Place your kratom dose directly on your tongue. NOTE: Be very careful not to breathe in or swallow!
- Take a large gulp of water but do NOT swallow. First, allow the kratom powder to mix with the beverage inside your mouth.
- Continue drinking water until all of the kratom powder has completely rinsed from your mouth.
When researching how to take kratom in different ways, we’ve seen the toss and wash method emerge time and time again. Would we call this the best way to take kratom? In our personal opinion, no, but everyone is unique and prefers to take kratom in their own individual ways!
Oblate Discs and Kratom
How do you use oblate discs to take your kratom doses?
- Measure your kratom dosage. Depending on your dosage size, a single oblate disc might not be enough.
- Lay your oblate disc on a flat surface.
- Place your kratom dose in the center of the oblate disc. NOTE: you must make sure that your kratom dose and oblate disc are sized-to-swallow, so don’t put too much kratom powder on a single disc!
- Fold the oblate disc repeatedly over itself. This should create a compact ball with the kratom powder held inside.
- Wet the edges of your oblate disc to seal it.
Using oblate discs to take your kratom powder works similarly to the toss and wash method. However, oblate discs allow you to swallow kratom without the powder touching your tongue directly.
Are There Kratom Ingestion Methods You Should Avoid?
Yes, there are kratom ingestion methods you should avoid!
- DO NOT SMOKE KRATOM: smoking kratom can cause side effects like persistent coughing, shortness of breath, tightness in the chest, a weakened immune system, an inability to perform physical activity, and more.
- AVOID SNORTING KRATOM: snorting kratom can cause side effects like nosebleeds, nasal inflammation, nasal blockage, lung infections, damage to the upper respiratory system, and more.
We know how to take kratom in a manner consistent with your wellness needs. Under no circumstances should you smoke or snort kratom as these ingestion methods do not align with the overall improvement of your health.
So What is the Best Way to Take Kratom?
Every kratom preparation we’ve covered offers a great way to receive your daily dose of kratom alkaloids! Let’s sum up what we’ve learned about how to take kratom:
- Powdered Kratom: great for bitter lovers and drinks alike!
- Taking Kratom with Food: a delicious alternative to kratom-infused drinks.
- Making Kratom Tea: traditional, delicious, and made exactly how you like it!
- Kratom Shots: quick and delicious like never before.
- Easy-to-Take Kratom Capsules: no frills, as advertised kratom doses!
- Toss and Wash: a unique way to take kratom powder.
- Oblate Discs: one of the most innovative kratom ingestion methods we’ve seen!
There isn’t one best way to take kratom because everyone is different and has different needs. However, we recommend that you try a variety of kratom preparations in order to find what works best for you! Maybe your ideal kratom dose is somewhere on this list. You’ll never know until you try!