Ahh, the toss and wash, kratom users’ old standby for quick, easy kratom dosing. The toss and wash method is a remarkably simple technique, which accounts for its widespread popularity as one of, if not, the best way to take kratom. New users may be a bit confused; after all, the term alone doesn’t really give a clear picture of what “toss and wash kratom” really looks like.
Today we’ll be covering everything you need to know about the toss and wash kratom ingestion method. From the basics of how it’s done to tips and tricks to ensure you get the best experience, read on for an in-depth discussion of one of the most popular techniques on how to use kratom powder in the kratom community!
What IS the Toss and Wash Kratom Method?
At its most basic level, the toss and wash method involves placing (or “tossing”) a dose of kratom powder in your mouth, then “washing” it down with a glass of water or other liquid.
There are a couple of useful variations on the toss and wash kratom method, which we’ll go into shortly. First, though, why should you consider tossing and washing your kratom? And why some call it the best way to take kratom.
Pros of the Toss and Wash Method
The toss and wash method is an extraordinarily simple way to ingest kratom, and it certainly has some benefits, including:
- Faster than packing capsules, brewing tea, or other multi-step methods
- Quick absorption in the body, as the stomach doesn’t need to break down capsules or the like
Cons of the Toss and Wash Method
However, there are a few downsides to the toss and wash kratom ingestion method. Especially if you’re new to it or rushing through, you may have a lousy time tossing and washing. Possible downsides include:
- You will definitely taste the kratom powder
- While many kratom users enjoy the taste of raw kratom powder, new users often find it offputting. When you toss and wash kratom, you put the powder directly in your mouth, so tasting it will be unavoidable.
- Ever seen the cinnamon challenge? Any time you’re putting dry powder in your mouth, it’s possible to cough, gag, or otherwise expel the powder before it’s fully washed down!
There are ways around both of these issues, though. With the right techniques, it’s easy to avoid the worst aspects of the toss and wash method and turn it into a quick, easy, and even enjoyable way of ingesting kratom.
Tips for Toss and Wash Success!
While some users may find the toss and wash technique unpleasant, others find it to be the best way to take kratom. There are a few ways that you can make the toss and wash more enjoyable.
First and foremost, ensure that you aren’t using too much kratom powder. If your dose has you coughing out clouds of kratom powder, consider splitting your dose into multiple tosses.
Next, consider changing up the beverage you use to wash down your kratom powder. If you dislike the taste of kratom powder, finding the perfect complement can go a long way toward making your toss and wash method more enjoyable. Orange juice is a classic option, but be sure to check our guide to the Best Kratom Drink Combinations for more ideas!
Finally, consider changing your technique entirely! Here are the two most common methods, the “Classic Toss and Wash” and the “Mix and Wash”.
The Classic Toss and Wash Kratom Method
The most common toss and wash method goes something like this:
- Measure out your dose of kratom powder
- Pour yourself a glass of water or other preferred beverage
- Place the dose of kratom in your mouth, being careful not to breathe it in or swallow it
- Take a gulp of your water or other beverage, letting it mix into the kratom before swallowing
- After swallowing the powder, wash it down with a second, larger gulp of your beverage
With the classic toss and wash, step 3 is where users often struggle. Again, be sure not to breathe in or swallow the kratom powder before adding liquid. Down that path lies coughing, discomfort, and wasted kratom powder!
Toss and Wash Alternative, the “Mix and Wash” Kratom Method
Essentially identical to the classic toss and wash method, but with one key difference: you pre-mix your dose of kratom with a “shot” of water or other beverage, making a liquid kratom mixture that goes down easy!
- Measure out your dose of kratom powder
- Place the dose in a sealable bottle (such as a canteen or water bottle)
- Pour a small amount of your preferred beverage into the container (just enough to absorb the kratom powder)
- Seal the container and shake until the powder is fully integrated
- Drink the mixture down, preferably in a single swig
- Quickly wash that down with a second gulp of your beverage (without any kratom powder mixed in)
The mix and wash method delivers all the benefits of the classic toss and wash, but with significantly fewer downsides. By pre-mixing, you completely avoid the possibility of choking, coughing, or gagging on the kratom powder. Additionally, taking the mixture in a single gulp and quickly following it up with your preferred beverage allows you to largely avoid the taste of kratom powder! The best of both worlds! Because of its ease, “mix and wash” is regarded by some as the best way to use kratom.
If you’ve had trouble with the classic toss and wash method, we strongly recommend giving the mix and wash a try.
Not a Fan of the Toss and Wash? Try these Other Methods to Ingest Kratom
For all its benefits, the toss and wash kratom ingestion method isn’t for everybody. But good news! There are a thousand different ways to take kratom — and with a bit of experimentation, you’ll find how to use kratom powder in a way that works best for you.
Some of the easiest and most enjoyable ways of taking kratom are:
- Kratom Capsules: With the same fast easy dosing as toss and wash, but with no measurement and no kratom taste!
- Brew delicious kratom tea: One of the most time-honored and enjoyable ways of ingesting kratom, kratom tea comes in a huge variety of flavors, potencies, and more. A delightful way to turn your kratom dose into a relaxing ritual!
If you found this material helpful or have other tips for taking kratom, please reach out and let us know! We’re always thrilled to hear from our community, and we’d love to pass on your tips and tricks for others to benefit!