When it comes to ensuring you have a positive experience with kratom, dosage is everything. Depending on kratom tolerance, treatment needs, and individual biochemistry, users will need a different amount to reach their desired effects. Moreover, kratom is dose-dependent — meaning that errors in your measurement technique can lead to undesired results!
For these reasons, you’ll want to be sure you measure out a consistent, precise dosage every time. Luckily, with a few tips and tools, that’s a simple process — and the topic of today’s blog!
Note: This article assumes that you already know your proper dose of kratom. If you’re a new user still getting into the groove of regular kratom use, however, be sure to check out our kratom user’s guide. There you’ll find tips and tricks for starting out, finding your favorite strains, and determining the kratom dosage that’s best for your needs.
The Three Best Methods for Measuring Your Kratom Dosage
There are multiple ways to measure your dose of kratom powder, but not all are created equal. Depending on the tools available, you may be able to measure out a point-perfect kratom dosage — or you may have to rough it with an approximate, “eyeball” measurement. Obviously, the former is preferable, but we’ll go through all the best techniques for measuring a kratom powder dosage. Whether you’re working with kratom grams, leveled teaspoons, or DIY kratom capsules, we’re pleased to present the best techniques in the trade!
Roughing It: Using Leveled Measuring Spoons to Measure Your Dose of Kratom
It’s far from perfect, but measuring your kratom dosage can be done with even the most common kitchen utensils! Specifically, we’re referring to the humble tablespoon or teaspoon measurer, which is invaluable for measuring a kratom powder dosage for the otherwise ill-equipped.
It’s important to note that measuring your kratom dose with a measuring spoon is imprecise. Not all measuring spoons are identical. One “teaspoon” measurer may be slightly larger than the next. There will even be slight variations between one dose and the next, even if you use the same measuring spoon! Moreover, there are slight variations in the weight per volume of kratom powder from strain to strain, which raises further issues for this method of measuring kratom dosage.
But despite these imperfections, the method remains a popular if approximate one in the kratom community. Here are approximate conversions for table- and teaspoons of kratom powder into grams:
|Volume of Kratom Powder||Grams of Kratom Powder|
|1 Teaspoon||2.0 – 2.3 grams|
|1 Tablespoon||6.2 – 7.0 grams|
Note: these measurements refer to leveled table- and teaspoons of kratom powder, not “heaping” ones. To measure a level measuring spoon:
- Scoop your favorite kratom powder using the spoon.
- Gently compress the powder down using a flat surface such as a knife or a piece of paper.
- Hold the measuring spoon over your pouch of kratom powder, then draw the knife or paper over the top of the measuring spoon, pushing excess kratom powder back into the pouch.
And voila! An imperfectly but adequately measured kratom dosage!
The Best of the Best: Using A Powder Scale for Precise Kratom Dosage
Without a doubt, the best and most precise way to measure your dose of kratom is by using a digital scale. No other method gives you the same level of precision and control, the confidence and knowledge that you’re getting exactly your intended dose each and every time.
Of course, not everyone has a digital scale at home, but they can be picked up at quite a low cost. Just make sure that the scale you purchase can measure in grams and, at a minimum, to the first decimal place (that is, capable of weighing “1.1” grams, not just “1”).
Although digital scales take all the guesswork out of measuring your kratom powder dosage, there are a few things to keep in mind.
- Always make sure that your scale is “tared” or “zeroed” prior to measuring your kratom dosage. Digital scales should have a button that resets the scales weight, ensuring that the measurements it delivers are accurate.
- If you’re using a cup, bowl, or another container in which to measure your dose of kratom, tare the scale while the empty container is on the scale.
It’s that simple! With a digital scale, you can be 100% positive of the size of your dose. It’s quick, easy, and reasonably affordable, so a scale is highly recommended for any regular kratom user.
Going Pro: Measuring a Dose of Kratom Powder for DIY Kratom Capsules
Are you looking to take your kratom game on the go or prep multiple doses of kratom for future use? Kratom capsules are the key! And while Kratom Spot sells pre-made kratom capsules with precisely measured dosage, that’s not the only option.
Filling your own kratom capsules is a simple and easy task — especially if you invest in the proper gear for the job, like a kratom capsule filling machine. And, with a bit of practice, you’ll be creating quality kratom capsules with well-standardized doses in no time!
But getting your DIY capsules loaded with the proper kratom dosage can be a bit tricky. Keep in mind the following factors, and you’ll have a much better time getting the best kratom capsule experience.
- Empty capsules come in different volumes, with the most common being “00” and “000” sizes.
- You’ll have an easier time standardizing the kratom powder dosage in your capsules if you use a capsule filling machine.
While you’re getting the hang of filling capsules, it’s important to refine your technique and get a sense of how much kratom your capsules contain. To do so:
- Use a digital scale to measure the weight of empty capsules. Depending on your scale’s sensitivity, you may need to measure multiple capsules at once, then divide their weight by the number of capsules you’ve weighed.
- Fill your capsules, making sure to level-off the kratom that each contains before sealing them. For tips on how to level a capsule, take a look at the section above on leveling-off a measuring spoon; the same techniques apply.
- Weigh the filled capsules, then subtract the weight of the empty capsules from your result. Voila! You’ve just discovered the weight (and therefore kratom dosage) of your DIY capsules!
As we mentioned before, remember that different kratom strains will have a slightly different weight by volume. Be sure to repeat this measuring process for each new strain you use, and you’ll have everything you need to create perfect kratom capsules — and to calculate how much kratom powder to take via capsules to achieve your desired kratom dosage.
Or shop our selection of precision-measured kratom capsules, guaranteed to deliver a consistent dose of kratom.