We know that kratom powder derives from the leaves of the Mitragyna Speciosa tree, a member of the coffee family. We also know that there are three common strains: red vein, white vein, and green vein kratom. However, there is one strain that has troubled kratom activists and enthusiasts alike: yellow kratom.
Kratom users say that yellow vein kratom is the most high quality type of kratom, lasting longer and offering more well-rounded benefits. It’s apparently made from a unique drying process of red kratom leaves or a blend of green and white leaves.
Despite anecdotal reports, there is no concrete evidence that supports the existence of yellow kratom. So what is it, and where does it come from?
The Possible Origins of Yellow Vein Kratom
There are three popular theories surrounding the origins of this type of kratom. They are:
- Kratom leaves are picked later in the Mitragyna Speciosa’s lifespan. The extended life of the tree gives the leaves a yellow hue, allowing for the creation of yellow kratom powder.
- Red, white, and green vein kratom strains are blended together. This blend is then fermented, giving the resulting kratom products a yellow coloration.
- The most popular theory is that yellow vein kratom is created through a unique drying process. Some believe that yellow hues are obtained from drying red vein kratom for a longer duration. Others say that yellow kratom is derived from drying a blend of white and green vein kratom outdoors instead of indoors.
While these theories may sound believable, the problem is just that: they are theories. There are no factual reports that substantiate the origins of yellow vein kratom. So why do we see more and more yellow kratom products on the market than ever before?
Claims Surrounding Yellow Vein Kratom
For kratom users, the prospect of a new, high quality strain can be exciting. There are only three kratom strains, so choosing the right type of kratom for you can seem like a limited affair. The three strains of kratom are:
- Red Vein Kratom: reportedly produces calming effects that ease the body and mind. This is the most popular kratom product because red kratom leaves are both accessible in nature and can be used as a sleep aid.
- White Vein Kratom: reportedly produces stimulating effects that energize the body and awake the mind. Kratom users commonly use white kratom powder in the morning to capitalize on the invigorating effects.
- Green Vein Kratom: reportedly the perfect middle between red vein and white vein kratom powder. Kratom users report that this strain can enhance focus (similar to white kratom strains) while calming the body and easing anxiety (similar to red kratom strains).
Where does yellow kratom fit into this trifecta?
What Does Yellow Vein Kratom Reportedly Do?
When compared to the other strains, this type of kratom reportedly induces effects similar to green vein kratom. Anecdotal reports from kratom users state that yellow kratom offers:
- Concentration & Focus
- Enhanced Mood
- Pain Relief
- Anxiety Relief
According to these anecdotal reports, yellow vein kratom is also ideal for new users. Why? Because it offers the same concentration-enhancing effects as white vein kratom powder but to a lesser degree. The effects of yellow kratom are reportedly weaker than those of white kratom varieties, allowing new users to ease into the energizing benefits.
Why Doesn’t Kratom Spot Sell Yellow Kratom?
Should you believe the yellow hype? At Kratom Spot, we’ve dedicated our lives to providing you with the highest quality kratom found anywhere on the market. With such a high quality inventory, why don’t we sell yellow vein kratom?
For starters, there isn’t enough evidence to substantiate the use or promotion of yellow varieties of kratom powder. We have yet to see concrete evidence that a unique drying process creates yellow kratom powder. Likewise, we haven’t seen any evidence that aged red vein kratom leaves create a yellow coloration.
Furthermore, if anecdotal reports from kratom users are to be believed, yellow vein kratom is similar to green vein kratom. Green kratom strains are one of the three primary strains. Why stray from something with centuries of therapeutic use in favor of something that could turn out to be a mere farce?
We’ll stick with what we know right now: claims about yellow kratom are unsubstantiated, and we do not believe that a complex drying process or special blend of reputable kratom strains leads to a high quality strain. We feel most comfortable selling third-party tested, high-quality kratom products.