If you’re looking to start your day with a naturally uplifting energy boost, white vein kratom might be the perfect pick for you. This strain offers boosts to energy and mood that can get your day started right and have you feeling your best for hours to come.
In this article, we go in-depth on all things white vein kratom. From its origins and effects to the various sub-strains and their popularity, this Ultimate Guide to White Vein Kratom delivers everything you need to know about this popular strain of kratom.
What is White Vein Kratom?
All strains of kratom, including white vein kratom, come from the same plant: mitragyna speciosa. The differences between strains result from two factors: harvesting time and agricultural conditions (such as soil acidity).
In terms of harvesting time, white vein kratom comes from leaves that are harvested very early in the kratom tree’s lifecycle, similar to white tea leaves harvested before the tea plant’s leaves fully open. The leaves are harvested at the earliest point of maturity, which is when they contain the highest levels of mitragynine, one of kratom’s two primary alkaloids.
Just like the other two primary strains of kratom (green vein and red vein), white vein kratom has many sub-strains. These sub-strains are typically named for their geographic region of origin, and the agricultural differences between those regions account for the differences between sub-strains.
What are the Effects of White Vein Kratom?
Of kratom’s three primary strains, white vein kratom is typically regarded as the most energizing and uplifting. That’s because of white vein strains’ uniquely high levels of mitragynine, the kratom alkaloid that most contributes to energy.
However, kratom’s effects are dose-dependent. That means that the effects a user experiences will vary significantly with differently sized doses. Users typically report the following dose guidelines:
- Small doses typically enhance the energizing properties of a given strain.
- Moderate to large doses typically bring out more calming or sedative effects in a given strain.
Additionally, the sub-strain of white vein kratom you use will modify the effects you experience. More on regional strains of white vein kratom can be found below.
However, the sub-strain’s effects will be far less pronounced than the strain color, so all white vein strains will tend towards being energizing and uplifting.
What are the Sub-strains of White Vein Kratom?
Like all kratom strains, white vein strains are also categorized by sub-strain. These sub-strains are typically named after their region of origin, and each sub-strain has slightly different effects.
Kratom Spot offers the following white strains in finely-ground powder form:
- Indo White Vein Kratom Powder: may balance out the white vein experience with a slightly more calming effect.
- Bali White Vein Kratom Powder: more energizing than most sub-strains, reinforcing white vein’s base effects.
- Sumatra White Vein Kratom Powder: energy with a subtle, well-rounded effect that smooths out jitters.
- Borneo White Vein Kratom Powder: reinforces white vein’s base energizing effects, much like Bali kratom.
- White Maeng Da Kratom Powder: an unusually strong crop of white vein kratom that maintains the same alkaloid balance as the base white strain. If you love white veins but want the strongest sub-strain out there, White Maeng Da is for you.
If kratom capsules are more your style, Kratom Spot offers the following white vein capsules:
For more on the individual sub-strains and their effects, see our in-depth Guide to the Strongest Kratom Strains.
How Much White Vein Kratom Should I Use?
Unfortunately, there’s no one-size-fits-all guide to kratom dosage. The effects you experience will depend on many factors, including your biochemistry, your experience with and tolerance for kratom, and the potency of the strain you choose.
However, there are a few guidelines that can guide you.
- Always start small. This is especially true for more potent strains like White Maeng Da Powder, but it’s a good guideline for starting any new strain. After all, you can always up the size of your next dose if necessary, but you can’t reduce the amount you just took. And you don’t want to take too much kratom!
- Keep your desired effects in mind. As discussed above, smaller doses tend to be more energizing, while larger doses tend to be more relaxing. Considering that you’ve chosen white vein strains, which are the most energizing of all, you’ll probably want a lowish dose to further highlight those effects.
- Stretch your stash further. Many users report that even very small doses of kratom are enough to meaningfully improve their energy and mood. Consider microdosing white vein kratom to see if it gives you the boost you need to get through your mornings.